Are You Good Enough to Go to Heaven?
Take This Simple Test to Find Out
2. Have you ever stolen anything? (no matter how small or how long ago.)
3. Have you ever taken God's name in vain? (exapmple: "Oh my G_d!")
4. How many times have you looked at someone and had lustful thoughts?
Score Your Test
2. If someone were to steal from you then you would call that person a thief. Stealing just one thing, regardless of its size or monetary value, according to God's standards, makes you a thief. In 1 Corinthians 6:10, God says, "...nor thieves...shall inherit the Kingdom of God." (8th commandment)
3. If you have taken God's name in vain, what you have done is taken the name of the God who gave you life, and used it as if it were a "four-letter" filth word to express disgust. That is called blasphemy, and if you have done it, that makes you a blasphemer. In Exodus 20:7, God says, "...the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain." (3rd commandment)
4. If you have ever looked at someone with lust, according to God's standards, that makes you an adulterer. In Matthew 5:28, Jesus said, "...whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." In 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, God says "...nor adulterers...shall inherit the Kingdom of God." (7th commandment)
The Results are In...
Knowing that you are guilty of breaking God's law, do you think you should go to Heaven or Hell? While it may seem that God's goodness will cause Him to overlook your sins, the opposite is actually true. Because God is so good, He will make sure that every thief, rapist, and murderer receives justice, but He will not stop there. God will also make sure that every liar, blasphemere, and adulterer is punished. So, according to God's Word you would go to Hell because you are guilty of breaking God's law. Does it concern you that if you died today and God gave you justice that you would spend eternity in Hell? It should!
Do you know what God did for you so you would not have to spend eternity in Hell? Two thousand years ago God became a man, Jesus from Nazareth. He was born of a virgin and lived a perfect sinless life. When He was crucified and died on the cross Jesus Christ paid your fine and took the punishment that you deserve. It is like a criminal that has been convicted of very serious crimes by the judges and he cannot pay the fine that justice demands. Then the judge takes off his robe and pays the fine for the criminal so that justice can be served. That is exactly what God did for us when Jesus Christ died on the cross, He paid our fine.
To have this payment applied to you account you need to:
1. Confess your sins to God and repent (turn from your sins)
2. Put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ alone for your eternal salvation
God will then give you a new heart with new desires. The things that you used to love you will now hate, and the things that you used to hate you will now love. In 2 Corinthians 5:17, God says, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."