Thursday, December 29, 2011

Starting Your Day With God

Recently I started reading the book Transformational Church by Thom Rainer and Ed Stetzer.  As I was reading a few days ago, the Lord spoke to my heart about using my blog for prayer and devotion.  So, here we go as we start on this journey.  I pray that it will be a blessing and help to us all in our walk with Jesus Christ.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me." - Exodus 20:3

I would like to start off by sharing a few thoughts about starting our day with God.  How do you start your day?  Do you get up enough early enough to spend time with God in prayer and His Word?  Most of us if we are honest would have to say that we sleep to the last possible moment and then spend our mornings rushing around while leaving us no time for spiritual matters.  Is it any wonder why we struggle to make it through our days when do not get the proper start to each day by spending time with Christ?

Here is another question to ponder.  When it comes to spending time with the Lord, are you a person who squeezes God into your busy schedule with an occasional prayer before your meals and a visit to church on Sunday mornings?  I'm afraid that this is where most of us are at in our spiritual walk with Christ.  We just try to squeeze Him into our already busy and hectic schedules and then our flesh says "You have done your part."

I would like to challenge you to start your day with God by spending at least five minutes each day in devotion, prayer, and fellowship with Him.  I think that five minutes each day is a great place to start, but that is exactly what it is, a place to start.  As we continue on this journey, we should find ourselves spending more time each day with our Lord Jesus Christ.  As you begin each day, use this time to align your priorities with the teachings and commandments of God's Word.  Making the effort to spend quality time with God every day will change your life!

Prayer For Today:

Heavenly Father, I desire You to reign over every corner of my heart.  I will have faith in You, I will trust Your will, and I will praise You for who You are.  Help me Lord to start each day right by spending time with you in prayer, devotion, and fellowship.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment