Thursday, March 15, 2012

No Exceptions

"And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the Lord met him, and sought to kill him." - Exodus 4:24



In Exodus chapter 4 we find Moses is preparing to return to Egypt to lead God's people from that land into the land that the Lord had promised to Abraham.  Then when you come to verse 24, you find that God met Moses prior to his departure and sought to kill him.  Now that might seem a little strange when you first read over it, but there was serious issue that Moses had ignored.  Moses had not yet obeyed all of the commands of God.  He had failed to have his son circumcised as required by the Lord.  If Moses had not responded quickly in obedience, he surely would have been put to death.

Just like Moses, we too must learn that God makes no exceptions for holiness and righteousness.  If you and I desire to be used mightily in God's work we cannot blatantly ignore God's commands or His standards that He has set.  The Lord had to make some changes in the life of Moses before he was ready to lead God's people out of Egypt.  We are no different.  The Lord will have to make some serious and significant changes in our lives if we are to be used By Him in His work.  Jesus Christ wants you and I to walk in His holiness and His righteousness so that we might be vessels that He can use.

We must remember that Jesus Christ makes no exceptions when it comes to His standards of holiness, righteousness, and obedience.  So many people today are trying to serve Christ even though they have ignored one or more of His commandments.  Are you trying to serve the Lord and yet you have ignored something that He has told you to do?

Prayer For Today:

Heavenly Father, help me to examine my heart and my life to see if there is any area that I have been disobedient to You.  Please forgive and cleanse me from my disobedience.  Lord, help me to absolutely and completely surrender my heart and life to You in obedience that I might be a vessel fit for Your service.  In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment