Monday, January 16, 2012

Hiding Your Life With Christ

"Set your affections on things above, not on things on the earth.  For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God." - Colossians 3:2-3


What about you stands out to other people?  Is it your looks?  Is it your personality?  Is it Jesus Christ?

The Apostle Paul makes a very interesting statement here in Colossians 3:3 when he says "your life is hid with Christ in God."  I have read that many times and never truly considered the implications of what is being said.  I am sure that most of you have likewise done the very same thing.  Most of us probably have focused on verse two and never really thought about verse three that much.

I would like to pose to a question for you to consider.  Is my life hid with Christ?  You are probably asking yourself, "what does that mean?" or "how does that work?"

First, we must understand the first part of the verse where it says "For ye are dead."  When you trusted Christ as your Savior, you had to die to self.  This is something that must be done on a daily basis because our flesh wants to live for us instead of Christ.  This means that you no longer live your life for you, but instead you live for Christ, your life becomes all about Him.  No longer do you have your own identity, but rather your identity is found in the Person of Jesus Christ.  Being hid with Christ means that Jesus Christ so consumes our lives that He is all people will see, He is all we live for, He is EVERYTHING!

I must honestly confess that implications of this verse have convicted me greatly.  If I am to be honest, most of the time my life is not hid with Christ as it should be.  If you are honest, you would have to say the same thing.

Today may we be convicted, stirred, and challenged to hide our lives with Christ!  May Jesus Christ so consume our lives that we have no other identity but that of Him!

Prayer For Today:

Lord, help me today to die to self, dying to my desires, my ambitions, and my flesh.  May my life be totally consumed by You and Your Word.  It is my sincere desire that I would have no identity other than that of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Help me to hide my life with You this day.  In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment