Saturday, January 7, 2012

Honoring Jesus Christ

"Honour the Lord, with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase; So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine." - Proverbs 3:9-10


If you were to ask most Christians if they honor God, most of them would probably say they do.  Let's examine our hearts today and ask ourselves the following the questions.  Do I really and truly honor Jesus Christ?  Do I honor Christ with my substance?  Do I honor Christ with the firstfruits of my increase?  It is one thing to just be generic and say that we honor God, but it is another matter entirely to say that we are honoring Jesus Christ with all of our substance and the firstfruits of our increase.

Will we choose to honor the Lord Jesus Christ today in EVERYTHING?  If we fail to honor Christ, we are inviting trouble into our lives.

Most of us lead very busy and hectic lives, barely having time for anything that is not part of our normal worldly routine.  When was the last time that you simply paused and thanked your Heavenly Father for His air that He allows you to breathe?  When was the last time you thanked the Lord for the innumerable ways He has blessed you?

Most Christians also seem to find it hard to truly honor Christ with their substance and the firstfruits of their increase.  Why?  The answer is simple, most of us are financially in debt to the point that we are unable to honor Christ with our substance.  Instead of giving the firstfruits of our increase to the Lord we have to give them to the credit card companies.  Are you honoring the Lord with your substance?  Are you honoring Him with the firstfruits of ALL your increase?

We are messing up big time when we fail to honor Jesus Christ in EVERYTHING and with ALL we have!  We must honor Christ for who He is and not just for what He has done for us.  Jesus Christ is worthy of ALL honor and praise!

Are you just honoring Christ on Sunday mornings?  Are you just honoring Christ with your words?  Are you just honoring Christ with your leftovers?  If we are truly going to honor Jesus Christ we must do it everyday, we must do with more than just words, and we must do it with the firstfruits of our increase!

Prayer For Today:

Lord, help me today to honor You with not only my words but with everything.  Thank you Father for Your goodness, mercy, and grace.  Help me always to honor you through my words, deeds, and even my finances.  I praise you from the depths of my heart for who You are, and not just for what You have done for me.  Help me to honor You with all that I am.  In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment